Saturday, January 5, 2008

What a night!!!

Well last night was a bad one you know those nights you just wish would end so it could be all over. About 2:30 I heard crying out of the boys room, so I jump out of bed like the house was on fire and ran to see who it was. Well it was logan and he was sitting up in bed telling me that he was scared of the hole at the end of his bed. ( there is no hole at the end of his bed) Try to tell a child who has just woken up out of a bad dream they are just dreaming , they think it is real. So the only way to calm him down was to take him to my bed. When I lifted his 60 pd body off the top bunk I thought I was going to die. (big Kid).Any way his body was burning up. I mean HOT. I took him to my bed a woke Mark up, yes he was still fast asleep so much for having him around for protection, I asked him if he thought Logan was hot and he agreed, So I went for the trusted themometer. His temp was 102.1 And Of course I have no Kids meds. so I crush up two motrin and hope I dont overdose him. Sit on the couch for the next hour with cold rags and continualy take his temp. Its starts to drop so Ileave him on the couch and go back to bed only to just fall asleep to be woken with crys again in 30 min. Now he is saying the game on nintindo DS is going to get him. Must have been the temp. Back to my bed we went and all the mothers out there know that is the end of sleep for the night.You Just can't sleep with your kids in the bed with you. So about 7:00 I finally got to go back to bed , and have just now gotten up at about 11:30. Pray that this is over. His temp was gone when I got up.

3 comments:

Sal said...

yikes. what a night indeed.

I still remember the hallucinations i used to get when i would get sick. freaky stuff but yep, at the time i didnt know i was dreaming. used to hate getting sick back then.

will pray he gets better!

DeeDee said...

I'm glad he's doing better and at least you got to sleep late :)

juan said...

Poor logan , I will be praying for him, & you to get some rest.