Saturday, July 5, 2008

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE!

Have you ever stoped to think about the words in our national anthem.
Oh say can you see by the dawns early light, what so proudly we held at the twilight's last gleaming.Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the paroles fight or the ramparts we watch were so gallantly streaming. And the rockets red glare the bombs bursting in air ,gave proof through the night that our flag was still there. Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave or the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Can you imagine what it was like for Francis Scott Key, down in the belly of the ship. He could hear the bombs, he knew lives were being lost and he knew England had more power. He also knew that Americans would fight to the death for their freedom. All night long he would ask, can you see her? Is she still flying? As The sun rose that faithful morn , I believe you could hear this question come from him .. Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave or the land of the free and the home of the brave ? Praise the Lord for our Brave forefathers who loved God enough to fight for freedom, so you and I could worship God and be FREE!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teaching Luke's history helped you didn't it? That was good mom.

Jacob said...

Hey Kim!!!
Miss y'all!!!!! I actually have updated my blog! :-o It's been a long time but I did! Ck it out when you get a chance. ;)
Love you!!!
Jacob

juan said...

I thought it was JOSE can you sing, lol

Jean Kincaid said...

Thou canst actually wax poetic when thou wantest to, cantest thou, hija.

Leah said...

Kim, I soo shocked you know the story behind the song! We visited
Fort McHenry a few times in Maryland, so I've acutally been to the fort that was being bombed. The kids loved it, plenty of cannons to climb on! It just proof, that homeschool is beneficial even to the parents! Love ya!

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandy said...

Hey!!
It is so good to here from you! I think about all of you so much. I am glad you are doing good. Your kids are so beautiful and such good kids! I know from experience ;)Do you like it in Texas? I know you like bein close to your mom. Please tell her I said hey and I love her to. I miss you and love you!